The focused ultrasound platform uses a transducer to focus ultrasound on a target deep in the body. The energy at focus point leads to bioeffects at the precise location without impacting surrounding tissues. System design and ultrasound parameters can be attenuated to selectively change between 27 known bioeffects to achieve desired effects such as:
- Replaces scalpel-based surgery with non-invasive alternative
- Reduces procedure time and complications and provides rapid recovery on an outpatient basis.
- Complements chemotherapy, radiation and immunotherapy
- Can be used with traditional therapy options to enhance treatment efficacy and patient outcomes.
- Expands treatment options and patient eligibility parameters
- Provides novel therapeutic options for patients with previously non-qualifying or inoperable diseases.
- Next Generation FUS Technology
- Fully electronically-steered dense phased array with multi-modal energy delivery
- Affordable and scalable electronic driving systems using ASIC technology
- Real-time imaging and feedback for precise control of therapy
- Radically different approach to array design
- Treat deeper (up to 20cm)
- Minimal near-field heating
- Aberration correction
- Fully electronically-steerable
- Unique treatment patterns (multi-foci, anti-foci etc.)
- Real-time monitoring of temperature and cavitation
- Optimal control and monitoring of deposited energy with high spatial and temporal resolution
- protected by an international patent portfolio
- Best-in-class multi-modality platform
- Platform technology supports all therapy modes for broadest clinical versatility on the market
- Forward looking hardware/software design to capitalize on ongoing global research into optimal treatment strategies and novel bio-effects
- Some types of cancer may require from several different modes of FUS therapy over the course of the disease